You are currently viewing our desktop site, do you want to visit our Mobile web app instead?

SABMiller increases capacity in China by 41%

SABMiller’s Chinese venture acquires Blue Sword

SABMiller Plc, the world’s second-biggest brewer, said its will buy a local partner for $320m through its venture with China Resources Snow Breweries.

The acquisition will increase its capacity in China by 41%.


The brewer agreed to buy shares it doesn’t already own in Blue Sword.


Blue Sword has a 38% stake in 14 breweries based in the Sichuan province in South West China. The remaining 62% is owned by SABMiller’s venture partner CR Snow.


SABMiller’s share price is currently trading at R161,20 down 5c from yesterday’s close.

Get access to Moneyweb's financial intelligence and support quality journalism for only
R63/month or R630/year.
Sign up here, cancel at any time.

COMMENTS   0

Comments on this article are closed.

LATEST CURRENCIES  

USD / ZAR
GBP / ZAR
EUR / ZAR

Podcasts

NEWSLETTERS WEB APP SHOP PORTFOLIO TOOL TRENDING CPD HUB

Follow us:

Search Articles:Advanced Search
Click a Company: