Moneyweb is looking to appoint a senior reporter to join our team of writers in Johannesburg. The position is senior level and the individual will be reporting to the publication’s editor.
We’re looking for a person with a track record of excellent business and investment writing and analysis.
The candidate must have a good grasp of the South African business environment, as well as of the global context. They need to have an understanding of the principles of economics, knowledge of stocks listed on the JSE, an understanding of the relationships between different financial instruments, and be able to interpret companies’ financial statements.
They must have a good idea of what makes a good story and be able to generate good story ideas in discussion with the editorial team.
- Produce well-written, relevant, accurate and balanced business news and investment stories as well as op-eds;
- Manage multiple stories simultaneously under tight deadlines;
- Perform any other duty as is reasonably assigned by the editor.
Minimum qualifications and requirements
- Relevant diploma/degree;
- No less than five years’ experience in journalism;
- An existing contact base;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Excellent writing and editing skills;
- Thorough understanding of the Press Code;
- Ability to work under pressure.
How to apply:
Applicants must send a CV and cover letter (no more than 500 words) outlining how they meet the specific requirements of the position to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for applications: May 30, 2019 at 17h00.
Moneyweb is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The appointment will be made in line with Moneyweb’s Employment Equity Plan and Policy. Applicants not contacted within 14 days after the closing date should consider their applications unsuccessful.