Closed on: 16 May 2022
Job Type: Fixed-term contract, with possibility of permanent employment
Job Location: Not limited
We are looking for a graphic designer/subscriptions manager to join the Moneyweb team.
The ideal candidate is an experienced graphic and/or web designer with a natural flair for copywriting and some experience in digital marketing.
As the subscriptions manager you would join the marketing and development team to help promote Moneyweb’s online subscription products, as well as manage, engage and support our online community.
As our graphic designer, you would help build Moneyweb’s brand and design creatives for events and social media.
This is a brand new, diverse position, offering flexibility and the opportunity to grow within a small, established team. The position is mid-level and largely remote, however, if you stay outside Gauteng borders, you will be required to travel to our Johannesburg head office at least twice a year.
- Design digital advertising campaigns to promote Moneyweb’s online offerings
- Design branded digital content pieces for social media and email communications
- Collaborate with the team to ensure consistency of design across our various platforms
- Build and maintain a strong brand identity
- Write and design ad-hoc and automated emails to engage our community
- Support users and manage their subscriptions
- Monitor and identify payment and subscription renewal problems
- Fluent in English, with good written communication – and some copywriting skills
- Be meticulous
- Ability to generate creative ideas
- Ability to communicate problems and solutions
- Good customer service, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Must be able to work after-hours on request
- Basic understanding of the investment and financial sector a bonus
- WordPress/WooCommerce experience preferred;
- Professional use of Adobe Creative suite (Photoshop and Illustrator);
- Demonstrate graphic design experience to showcase a visual eye for an aesthetic grid and brand identity;
- Basic HTML/CSS skills;
- Experience using Mailchimp and any of Google’s advertising platforms an advantage.
How to apply
Applicants must send a CV, cover letter (no more than 500 words) outlining how they meet the specific requirements of the position and a few samples of your graphic or web design work to firstname.lastname@example.org
Moneyweb is an equal opportunity employer. The appointment will be made in line with Moneyweb’s Employment Equity Plan and Policy. South Africans get preference. Applicants not contacted within 14 days after the closing date should consider their applications unsuccessful.