“Retirement is like a long vacation in Las Vegas. The goal is to enjoy it the fullest, but not so fully that you run out of money” – Jonathan Clements
Only one out of six South Africans are able to retire comfortably. The sooner you start focusing on being able to retire and preparing yourself for the journey, the more likely you are to be one of these people. Many South Africans do not focus on retirement planning as it is not a priority for them.
Moneyweb and Liberty hosted a free one-day Masterclass in November where the following was discussed:
- How risky is having your retirement savings invested in South African companies right now?
- How to live longer (and why financially you shouldn’t!)?
- Property: Losing its lustre or the underpin to your retirement?
- Am I actually on track to retire?
- Time for something different… The world of alternative investments.
- How to leave money behind for friends, family and charitable purposes.
This video features highlights from the event.
This content was sponsored by Liberty.