African Marine Solutions Group (Amsol) – a consortium comprising deal makers at RMB Ventures, Pan-African Capital Holdings, Mineworkers Capital Partners and Smit Amandla Marine employees – recently acquired Smit Amandla Marine from a Dutch maritime group.
In this video, Andrew Aitken and Mbongeni Madonsela, dealmakers at RMB, share the rationale behind the deal.
They answer the following questions:
- What is the nature of Amsol’s business?
- Why does RMB Ventures back Amsol and what was the rationale behind the Smit Amandla Marine acquisition? What does RMB Ventures bring to the company?
- How was the deal structured?
- Who are the other shareholders, how do each of them contribute and stand to benefit?
- Why is 100% South African ownership particularly important?
- Does more government work refer to Operation Phakisa?
This video was produced by Moneyweb and sponsored by RMB.