Moneyweb spoke to Julian Grieve, RMB Resource Finance Transactor, about Sibanye Gold’s acquisition of the Stillwater Mining Company. This deal is one of RMB’s largest advances to a global mining company to date. He answered the following questions:
- Tell us more about Sibanye Gold and their significance in the mining world.
- Why has Sibanye’s acquisition of Stillwater been classified as a landmark deal?
- Being an international deal, there must have been a clearance process involved?
- Why did Sibanye need bridging finance?
- Could this particular deal be applicable to any other mining company?
- What value did RMB bring to the deal?
Brought to you by Rand Merchant Bank.