Moneyweb is looking for a senior financial journalist to join its current team of writers.
Responsibilities include generating news ideas and writing original copy that relates to a specific competence area. Attending news events, participating in news meetings and stimulating debate within a small but dynamic team are all part of the job.
The position is Johannesburg-based and is available immediately.
- Three to five years’ experience in the media space
- Hold a degree in finance, economics or journalism
- The ability to read and analyse financial statements and other financial information is essential
- Be able to work well and communicate effectively in a team
- Be able to work and carry out tasks independently
- Accept that an eight-hour day does not exist
- Be able to work under pressure
Salary is negotiable.
Must have own transport.
How to apply:
Applicants must send a CV and cover letter (no more than 500 words) outlining how they meet the specific requirements of the position to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for applications: June 30 at 17h00.
Moneyweb is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The appointment will be made in line with Moneyweb’s Employment Equity Plan and Policy. Applicants not contacted within 14 days after the closing date should consider their applications unsuccessful.