Moneyweb is looking to appoint a senior reporter to join its team of writers.
We’re looking for a person with a track record of excellent business and investment writing and analysis.
The candidate must have a good grasp of the South African business environment, and its global context. They need to have an understanding of the principles of economics and the relationships between different financial instruments, knowledge of JSE-listed stocks, and be able to interpret companies’ financial statements.
They must know what makes a good story, have an excellent work ethic and be able to generate great story ideas in discussion with the editorial team.
- Produce well-written, relevant, accurate and balanced business news and investment stories as well as op-eds;
- Manage multiple stories simultaneously under tight deadlines;
- Perform any other duty as is reasonably assigned by the editor.
Minimum qualifications and requirements
- Relevant diploma/degree;
- No less than five years’ experience in journalism, preferably financial journalism;
- An existing contact base;
- Excellent communication, writing and editing skills;
- Thorough understanding of the Press Code;
- Ability to work under pressure.
The salary is negotiable and the journalist should preferably have their own transport.
How to apply
Applicants must send a CV and cover letter (no more than 500 words) outlining how they meet the specific requirements of the position and what they can add to Moneyweb, to email@example.com.
Closing date for applications: September 30, 2020.
Subject reference: Financial reporter
Moneyweb is an equal opportunity employer. The appointment will be made in line with Moneyweb’s Employment Equity Plan and Policy. Applicants not contacted within 14 days after the closing date should consider their applications unsuccessful.