Moneyweb is one of the top destinations for business, finance and investment news in South Africa. The brand delivers premium content and tools to the investment community. The following positions have become available within the company:
1. Financial reporter
Moneyweb is looking to appoint a senior reporter to join its team of writers in Johannesburg. The position is senior level and the individual will be reporting to the publication’s editor.
We’re looking for a person with a track record of excellent business and investment writing and analysis.
The candidate must have a good grasp of the South African business environment, as well as of the global context. They need to have an understanding of the principles of economics, knowledge of stocks listed on the JSE, an understanding of the relationships between different financial instruments, and be able to interpret companies’ financial statements.
They must have a good idea of what makes a good story and be able to generate good story ideas in discussion with the editorial team.
- Produce well-written, relevant, accurate and balanced business news and investment stories as well as op-eds;
- Manage multiple stories simultaneously under tight deadlines;
- Perform any other duty as is reasonably assigned by the editor.
Minimum qualifications and requirements
- Relevant diploma/degree;
- No less than five years’ experience in journalism;
- An existing contact base;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Excellent writing and editing skills;
- Thorough understanding of the Press Code;
- Ability to work under pressure.
Salary is negotiable and the position requires working in the Johannesburg office.
Must have own transport.
How to apply
Applicants must send a CV and cover letter (no more than 500 words) outlining how they meet the specific requirements of the position to email@example.com.
Closing date for applications: September 30, 2019, at 17h00
Subject reference: Financial reporter
Moneyweb is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The appointment will be made in line with Moneyweb’s Employment Equity Plan and Policy. Applicants not contacted within 14 days after the closing date should consider their applications unsuccessful.