Rwanda’s debt remains sustainable but the risk of default has moved to moderate from low this year due to poor economic growth, Finance Minister Uzziel Ndagijimana told lawmakers Monday evening.
- Nation’s external debt is largely made up of concessional loans.
- Formal trade deficit widened by 7% in January-September from a year earlier.
- Almost all export categories showed a decline resulting in a 21 and 15% decrease in value and volume respectively.
- Imports decreased by 4.5% in value, while volume rose 3.7%.
- Total domestic revenue collected July-September was 465.5 billion francs, beating target by 52.5 billion francs.