* Borregaard (Norway) and Sappi (South Africa) announce 20,000 tonnes capacity expansion at Lignin joint venture in South Africa
* Borregaard and Sappi will increase Lignin production capacity by 20,000 tonnes at Lignotech South Africa.
* Added volume will be marketed to joint venture company’s existing applications and geographical markets
* Project is expected to be completed in 2017.
* Investment by Lignotech is estimated at R105 million (approx. US$ 8.5 million)
* New investment will increase installed capacity to approximately 180,000 metric tonnes dry substance per year
Read the SENS announcement