- MMI through its UK subsidiary Momentum UK has acquired the Adviser Solutions business from London & Capital for an undisclosed sum. Adviser Solutions is a series of model investment portfolios for UK investors accessed through financial advisers.
- Tradehold through its subsidiary Tradehold Africa is to acquire a minimum 51% stake in Real Estate Investments Zambia from minority shareholders. The company is offering ZMW4.20 per share and intends to retain the Zambian companies listing on the Lusaka Stock Exchange.
- Delta Africa Property has acquired from major shareholders Transformers Holdings Mauritius for $17,35 million the owner of Delta Tete, Mozambique. Delta Tete owns the land on which residential condominium Condominium Vale dos Embondeiros is situated.
- Ferrum Crescent has acquired an option to potentially acquire 100% of GoldQuest Iberica in Spain. GoldQuest owns two lead-zinc exploration projects in the provinces of León and Galicia. The option is valid until July 31, 2016.
- Delta Africa Property has acquired the Plexus Warehousing Complex Downtown in Plexus City, Mozambique. The total purchase consideration is $8,5 million.
- Schroder European Real Estate Investment Trust has purchased two office buildings located in Stuttgart and Hamburg, Germany for a total of €28,9 million with a blended initial yield of 6%.
- Keaton Energy has disposed of Leeuw Mining and Exploration and Amalahle Exploration to Bayete Energy for R24,7 million and R250,000 respectively.
- The Pivotal Fund has concluded an agreement for the acquisition of a 50% stake in Buffalo Mall Naivasha which is constructing and developing a retail, commercial and entertainment centre in Kenya. The sellers Abland and Carlisle Property received $4,4 million for the sale.
- Rectron, a wholly owned subsidiary of Mustek has disposed of its 100% stake in Rectron Australia, a distributor of IT equipment, to IG3 Education for a total cash consideration of A$1,1 million.
- ArcelorMittal South Africa has announced the selection of Likamva as its preferred B-BBEE party with whom it has commenced negotiations for a conclusion of a proposed transaction.
- Rio Tinto has agreed to sell its 74% stake in Zululand Anthracite Colliery to Menar Holdings for an undisclosed sum.
- StatPro Group plc is acquiring a 51% stake in InfoVest Consulting, a local headquartered software provider specialising in data warehouse, ETL and reporting software for the asset management industry. The value of the transaction was undisclosed.
- ID Global Solutions a leading provider of secure Biometric Identity and Electronic Transaction Solutions, has acquired Cards Plus SA, as local company providing unique secure credential products and solutions to government customers in Africa.
… and in Africa
- Zinox Group has announced the completion of its acquisition of a majority stake in Xputer, a leading and strategic software development and management company based in Ibadan.
(DealMakers is SA’s M&A magazine. www.dealmakers.co.za)