You are currently viewing our desktop site, do you want to download our app instead?
Moneyweb Android App Moneyweb iOS App Moneyweb Mobile Web App

NEW SENS search and JSE share prices

More about the app

Goldman Sachs adds new employee benefits to fight burnout

Including higher retirement contributions.
Image: Bloomberg

Goldman Sachs Group added new employee benefits, including higher retirement contributions, as part of a package of changes aimed at addressing worker burnout.

“We’re focused on delivering energy optimisation, resilience and mental-health programs that support our people in caring for themselves and their families,” Bentley de Beyer, Goldman Sachs global head of human capital management, said Monday in an emailed statement.

The additional perks include paid leave for miscarriages, more paid leave for the death of an immediate family member and a six-week unpaid sabbatical for long-term employees, according to an internal memo seen by Bloomberg News.

Dow Jones reported the new benefits earlier Monday.

Other changes include:

  • Boosting retirement matching contributions for US employees to 6% of total compensation (an increase of 2%), and contributing 8% of total compensation for employees making $125 000 or less with no requirement for workers to contribute for the first 2%
  • Eliminating the one-year waiting period for firm contributions for new joiners.
© 2021 Bloomberg

VIDEOS

COMMENTS   0

You must be signed in and an Insider Gold subscriber to comment.

SUBSCRIBE NOW SIGN IN

LATEST CURRENCIES  

USD / ZAR
GBP / ZAR
EUR / ZAR
BTC / USD

Podcasts

INSIDER SUBSCRIPTION APP VIDEOS RADIO / LISTEN LIVE SHOP OFFERS WEBINARS NEWSLETTERS TRENDING

Follow us:

Search Articles:
Click a Company: