* Diversify your investment portfolio offshore without exchange control limits.
* Protect yourself against rand fluctuations.
* Invest at low cost from as little as 0.20% p.a.
* Buy and sell real-time through a local stock broker.
* View the shares included in your investment portfolio at all times.
Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) are passively managed investment funds that track the performance of an underlying index by investing directly in the underlying blue chip constituent shares. ETFs therefore allow investors to buy and sell an entire basket of stocks with a single trade.
ETFs are usually offered at lower costs than traditional managed investment funds because no active management is required. ETFs are listed on stock exchanges and can therefore be traded like single shares. Market makers provide real-time buy and sell prices and ensure liquidity. The international ETF market has grown exponentially in recent years as investors have become more aware of the negative impact of high costs on performance.
The underlying of the Sygnia Itrix Eurostoxx50 is the Dow Jones Euro STOXX 50®. This is one of the most widely known European Blue Chip Indices. The index is a free float market capitalisation weighted index, containing the 50 most liquid blue chip stocks from countries within the Eurozone.