The fund aims to provide a reasonable level of current income and seeks to preserve capital in real terms, with lower volatility over the medium to long-term. The fund's return objective is to outperform cash plus 3% and it is not a guaranteed fund.
The fund is broadly diversified across all asset classes and sectors and will follow an active asset allocation strategy, combined with an appropriate security selection process. The fund complies with Regulation 28 of the South African Pension Funds Act, which limits exposure to listed real estate and international assets to 25% and 15% respectively. In addition, exposure to a combination of domestic and foreign equities may not exceed 40%.