1. The manager will follow an investment policy which will seek to maximise long-term capital appreciation. In order to achieve these objectives, the investments normally to be acquired for the Coronation SA Equity Fund will primarily be a broad spectrum of financially sound securities in companies listed on the JSE Securities Exchange all to be acquired at fair market prices.
2. The portfolio may also include participatory interests or any other form of participation in portfolios of collective investment schemes or other similar schemes.
3. The manager may include listed and unlisted financial instruments subject only to statutory limitations.
4. Nothing in this supplemental deed shall preclude the manager from varying the ratios of securities, to maximise capital growth and investment potential in a changing economic environment or market conditions or to meet the requirements, if applicable, of any exchange formally recognised in terms of legislation and from retaining cash or placing cash on deposit in terms of the deed and this supplemental deed; provided that the manager shall ensure that the aggregate value of the assets comprising the Coronation SA Equity Fund shall consist of securities and assets in liquid form of the aggregate value required from time to time by the Act.
5. The manager will not invest in offshore investments on behalf of the Coronation SA Equity Fund.
6. For the purposes of this portfolio the manager shall reserve the right to close the portfolio to new investors. This will be done in order to be able to manage the portfolio in accordance with its mandate. This critical size shall be determined from time to time by the manager.