The Sygnia Skeleton Balanced 40 Fund is a South African - Multi Asset Low Equity portfolio and shall comprise investments in multiple asset classes as set out below, which may also include international assets. The portfolio is a balanced portfolio compliant with Regulation 28 of the Pension Funds Act and is benchmarked against a composite benchmark. The performance and risk benchmark for the Sygnia Skeleton Balanced 40 Fund shall consist of 35% equities (domestic and international), 50% bonds (domestic and international) and 15% money market (domestic and international).
The portfolio shall consist of financially sound equity securities, property shares and property related securities listed on exchanges, fixed interest instruments and assets in liquid form. The portfolio may also invest in listed and unlisted financial instruments, in accordance with the provisions of the Collective Investment Schemes Control Act and applicable legislation, as amended from time to time, in order to achieve the portfolio's investment objective. The Manager may also include unlisted forward currency, interest rate, index and exchange rate swap transactions for efficient portfolio management. In selecting securities for this portfolio, where possible, the manager shall seek to sustain long-term capital growth.
The portfolio may also invest in participatory interests and other forms of participation in portfolios of collective investment schemes, registered in South Africa and other similar schemes operated in territories with a regulatory environment which is, to the satisfaction of the manager and trustee, of a sufficient standard to provide investor protection at least equivalent to that in South Africa and which is consistent with the portfolio's primary objective.
The effective equity exposure (including foreign equities but excluding listed property shares) will always be below 40%. The Portfolio will not exceed a combined foreign and domestic equity exposure of 40% (excluding listed property). The Portfolio will not exceed listed property exposure of 25%. The Portfolio will not exceed a combined equity and property exposure of 65%. The Portfolio aims to achieve its investment objectives whilst recognising that there will be significant short-term volatility and aims to protect capital over the long term.
INSIDER SUBSCRIPTION APP VIDEOS RADIO / LISTEN LIVE SHOP OFFERS WEBINARS NEWSLETTERS TRENDING

Follow us:

Search Articles:
Click a Company: