The fund offers unitholders an optimum overall yield comprising both capital growth and income. The fund invests in public and private sector bonds and deposits.
This fund is suited for institutions and individuals requiring investment growth via the capital market with a high income.
Why Choose This Fund?
* The fund provides an income stream in the form of half-yearly income payments and is therefore suitable as a core fund for persons who wish to invest in the bond market though a diversified portfolio and/or top up their income at six-monthly intervals.
* The prices may fluctuate depending upon market rates ie, if rates rise, prices go down and if rates drop, prices go up.
* The fund is actively managed in order to outperform the All Bond index.
Additional Fund Information
* The fund's name changed on 1 April 2004. The fund was previously called the Sanlam Gilt Fund.
* This fund is also available via certain LISPs (Linked Investment Services Providers), who levy their own fees.
- Total Expense Ratio (TER): This fund (retail class) has a TER of 1.19%. For the period from 1 January 2007 to 31 March 2007 1.19% of the average net asset value of the portfolio were incurred as charges, levies and fees related to the management of the portfolio. The ratio does not include the cost of acquiring assets. A higher TER does not necessarily imply a poor return, nor does a low TER imply a good return. The current TER can not be regarded as an indication of future TERs.