This video explains how virtual trading works: Click Here.
Would you like to know what it feels like to trade on the JSE, but you’re scared to take the risk? Introducing the “R1m Challenge” brought to you by Sanlam iTrade, in partnership with Moneyweb.
With the R1m Challenge you will be given R1 million in virtual money to invest in JSE shares on our live platform. This unique opportunity will allow you to trade online, risk-free and stand the chance to win R100 000 in cash.
- Become a successful investor or trader on the JSE
- Learn skills and gain experience
- Learn more about investing on the JSE without the risk of losing real money
- Gain access to iTrade educational courses, research and tools for insight
- Watch this page for insights and market commentaries by Moneyweb and iTrade
- Gain experience and have the opportunity to put what you learn into practice
- Experience the JSE and how it reacts to current events first-hand
All this for free. Sounds good? There’s more.
We will link existing iTrade clients with novice traders via e-mail to provide help and guidance or just to be a soundboard for your ideas.
First prize of R100 000 for the Top iTrader
PLUS free iTradePro membership for a year
Linked iTrade Client of Winner wins R10,000
The Top 100 Traders win free iTrade membership for a year
Ready to sign up? Register NOW to practice and familiarise yourself with the platform before the official start date of Monday 22 June.
Remember: you have nothing to lose.
If you experience any difficulties in registering or logging on, please send an email to email@example.com with your contact details and we will gladly assist you.
It takes up to a full working day to create your trading account on Iress. You can log in on iTrade immediately, but NOT the Iress trading website. Wait a few hours at least.
Do not add @iTradeR1m to your username when you log in on the iTrade website, only on Iress.
Main features of the challenge:
- The challenge will commence Monday 22 June and end on Friday August 14 2015.
- Each entrant will receive R1 million virtual money to trade with on the JSE using the iTrade live Virtual Trade Simulator (VTS).
- The challenge is free and open to South Africans and Namibians over the age of 18 years on 1 June 2015.
- No professional investors and traders will be allowed. Refer to the Terms and Conditions.
- One registration per person only. Valid ID and e-mail address required.
- Trade in any of the Top 100 shares on the JSE as well as ETFs. No penny stocks included. Refer to the Terms and Conditions for the trading rules.
- Make use of the iTrade’s comprehensive share data, charting, research, tools and learning centre, click here: Products & Services.
- To alleviate congestion when the challenge commences, no new registrations will be allowed only during the first two days of the challenge.
- The VTS platform will be accessible from June 1 2015. For an added advantage, register early and you can practice before the challenge starts.
Connect with Sanlam iTrade on social media to keep updated:
Live prices kindly sponsored by the:
Sanlam iTrade is part of Sanlam Private Wealth (SPW). SPW has been ranked as SA’s Top Wealth Manager for the last two years.